Do you have what it takes to join the Carrollton Police Department?
Our next entrance exam is August 14th. Learn more and register here.
The mission of the Carrollton Police Department is to proactively protect our community while treating all we encounter with professionalism, dignity, and respect. How do we do that and what kind of person fits into our organization?
The successful applicant for a position in our agency has the following characteristics:
- A person of character – maintains integrity, demonstrates humility
- Puts people first – shows care and concern
- A skilled communicator – shows empathy, invites feedback, is persuasive
- Acts with compassion – expresses appreciation, builds teams, negotiates conflict
- Has foresight - visionary, creative, courageous and decisive
- Systems Thinker – comfortable with complexity, adaptive, considers a “greater good”
- Leads with Moral Authority – accepts responsibility, shares control, accountable
We look for candidates who have a proven leadership record (whether in school, work, or extracurricular activities), and who demonstrate leadership qualities such as the ability to persevere through difficult challenges. Specifically, we look for evidence of:
- Demonstrated past achievement
- Perseverance in the face of challenges
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Ability to influence and motivate others
- Organizational ability
- Desire to work relentlessly in pursuit of our mission
Click here for more qualifications.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.