Submit a Compliment or Complaint

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Did we do great? Let us know! Fall short of our mission statement? We want to hear about that too. 

To submit an informal compliment or complaint:

  • Call (972) 466-3333 and ask to speak with the employee's supervisor.
  • Email
  • Write a letter to the employee's supervisor, Internal Affairs Sergeant, or the Chief of Police at: Carrollton Police Department, 2025 E. Jackson Rd., Carrollton, TX 75006.

To submit a formal, written complaint:

  • Send a written and signed complaint to Internal Affairs, 2025 E. Jackson Rd., Carrollton, TX 75006
  • Texas law requires that all formal complaints against police officers be in writing and signed by the person making the complaint.
  • Complaints must be made within 30 days of the incident unless special circumstances exist.
  • The person who was wronged must file the complaint. Other persons may give statements as witnesses. 
  • Internal Affairs investigators will ensure that a thorough investigation of your complaint is conducted. When the investigation is completed, you will be notified of the results and action taken.