Recycle more - it's easy!Head straight for the blue cart - there is no need to presort items or place them in plastic bags. Make sure the cart lid will close, and roll the cart to the designated pick up spot (curb or alley) on recycling day for convenient service.
Recyclables are collected from blue roll-out recycling carts* on regular trash collection days every other week according to the 2021 Recycling Calendar.
Recycling is now available for apartments. Contact the City for more information at 972-466-4950.
- Aluminum and steel/tin cans (no foil or aluminum pans)
- Boxboard (such as cereal and cracker boxes)
- Cardboard (flatten and place in cart)
- Glass bottles and jars of any color (rinse and discard lids)
- Junk mail, magazines, catalogs and phone books
- Newspaper (do not bundle or place in bags)
- Office and school paper
- Paper bags
- Plastics #1 through #7 except Styrofoam
- Batteries of any kind
- Bubble wrap
- Christmas lights
- Food-soiled paper products (such as pizza boxes)
- Garden hoses
- Hardback books
- Household hazardous waste
- Kitchen waste
- Plastic bags
- Plastic takeout containers and utensils
- Yard waste
To obtain a copy of the 2020 Recycling Calendar and map, click here (2021 Recycling Calendar now available). Also visit the City's Essentials Map Viewer, click on the search bar in the top right hand corner, and type in your address.
Need a Recycling Cart?
Call the City at 972-466-4950.
Want to Learn More About Recycling?
Visit RecyclingSimplified.com for recycling information, videos, brochures, posters, and other resources.