- Brush and bulk waste (including appliances) is collected weekly on your regular collection day at the street curb in front of the home, not the alley.
- Brush (tree trimmings, limbs and branches) and bulk waste (items too large for green roll-out containers, including bagged or boxed material). All limbs should be placed in bundles not exceeding 40 pounds to fit in a rear-end loader truck.
- All bulk and brush waste should be generated on the property by the homeowner. Contractor generated waste or waste from another site will not be collected.
Appliances such as stoves and water heaters are collected curbside on customers' regular collection day. There is no additional charge, and customers do not need to call for collection.
- Refrigerant-using appliances must be confirmed emptied of the chemical by a certified professional. Check Dallas-area yellow page listings under "Refrigerant Service" for local providers
- Materials from small home-repair projects should not exceed a 6ft by 4ft neatly stacked pile (about the size of a side by side refrigerator)
- Loose bulk items should be bagged or boxed and not exceed 50 pounds for safe, manageable collection. Boom Truck size limits are 2,000 lbs/per item and a maximum length of 12 feet
- Plate glass should be taped corner to corner and side to side, or broken and secured inside a box as loose material above
- Old railroad ties used for retaining walls are accepted. New railroad ties require a disposal fee at the landfill
- Brick, tile, stone and concrete blocks are not accepted for bulk collection
- Home-repair materials when generated by a contractor
- Electronics, batteries, household chemicals, paint, automotive fluids and more are handled using the At Your Door program, not bulk
- Bring materials not accepted to the landfill for disposal on approved days
- Require contractor to remove all project generated debris as a part of their contract
- At Your Door Household Special Waste disposal
Correct Brush Placement
Incorrect Brush Placement
Be sure brush/bulk aren't blocked by trees & power lines
Bulk Items should weigh less than 50 pounds each and be neatly placed curbside
Need assistance in managing your brush and bulky waste?
The following services are available by calling the City at 972-466-4950:
- Order extra green trash carts for grass clippings and small brush (fee may apply).
- Request pick-up of brush or bulk waste on a day other than the regularly scheduled trash day.