New Residential Utility Service
If you wish to:
- transfer existing service
- establish residential utility service in the City of Carrollton
- discuss the billing for your residential account
An application must be completed. The application can be completed by calling 972-466-3120, Monday through Friday 7 a.m. to 6 pm. You may also apply at City Hall Monday through Thursday 7:30 a.m to 5:30 p.m., Friday 7:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- A $75 (minimum) deposit is required. In most instances, the deposit can be billed on your first month’s bill.
- A connection fee of $15 will be billed to your first month's bill.
- Connection of new utility service in the city of Carrollton will usually be scheduled two business days from the date the application requirements are completed.
New Commercial Utility Service
A contract for service and a deposit are required and must be arranged in the business office located in City Hall at 1945 E. Jackson Road. A contract for service, signed by an authorized representative of the company, must be completed. The deposit for service must also be paid at that time. The deposit amount is determined at the time the application is made.
A contract for service and a deposit are required and must be arranged in our business office located in City Hall at 1945 E. Jackson Road. A contract for service, signed by an authorized representative of the company, must be completed. The deposit for service must also be paid. The minimum deposit amount is $1,500.
Auto Pay - Bank Drafting Service for Water Utility Bills
Customers can have their monthly utility bills paid automatically from their checking or savings accounts. It saves time and money - no checks to write, no postage, no fees for the service. Bills will always be paid on time.
Auto Pay Customers continue to receive monthly utility bills indicating water consumption, amount owed and due date. The total amount of the bill is electronically deducted from their checking account each month on the due date, which appears on the bill. Financial institutions list automatic payments on their monthly account statements.
Customers may use the link below. Questions may be directed to the business office at 972-466-3120.
Download the bank drafting application form pdf
For current solid waste rate information, click here.
Night Emergency Assistance
If you need assistance after regular business hours regarding:
- sewer backup
- water main break
- leaking fire hydrant
- low water pressure
Please call 972-466-3425. This is the city's Pump Station number and the phones are answered 24 hours a day.
For customer service inquires, visit www.ntta.org or call 972-818-NTTA (3882).
Utility bills are rendered every month and represent approximately 30 days of service. There are two basic classes of service: commercial and residential. The following residential services are billed on the city of Carrollton utility bill:
- Water meters are read each month
- The water billed represents the water usage since the last meter reading - the prior month
- Water is billed in thousand gallon increments
- Wastewater billed is the average of the water consumption during the months of January, February and March
- The average is billed each month from the April bill through the March bill the following year.
- For example: The water usage at your residence is:
- January = 10 T gal
- February = 10 T gal
- March = 13 T gal Total 33 T gal / 3 months = 11 T gal
The wastewater billed for the next year from April through March would be 11 T gal per month.
For current water and wastewater rate information, click here.
The fee for late payment of bills was approved by the City Council and was established to encourage prompt payment and to help defray the cost of field trips to the premise.
- Bills paid each month, by the due date, will not incur a late fee.
- If a customer is in a temporary financial bind and needs more time to pay, a pay agreement may be arranged. As long as the terms of the pay agreement are met, the customer is not charged a late fee.
- Also, if a customer pays the past due amount of a two-month bill by the due date on the bill, a late fee will not be charged.
- A customer with a two-month bill that is not paid by 5:00 p.m. on the due date, the second bill will be charged a late fee.
- If a two-month bill is not paid by the late fee notification date, the account will be subject to interruption and full payment of all outstanding charges and an interruption day fee of $25 will be required to restore service.