Public Information Requests can be requested in writing through the City Secretary's Office.
Once a request is received in the City Secretary's Office, there is a process that is followed in responding to the request.
- The City Secretary's Office has 10 Business Days to respond to the requestor. A response could be in the form of: releasing of records, asking for clarification or requesting an opinion from the Attorney General regarding the information in the request.
- If an opinion is requested, we believe that there is something in the report that is not included in public information. Usually these opinions are requested not only for the best interest of the city but also for anyone included in the requested information.
- Once an opinion is requested, the city will forward the information gathered to the Attorney General within 5 days (15th business day from date request is received).
- The Attorney General then has 45 Business Days to respond back to the city and the requestor regarding the information requested.
- All correspondence between the city and the Attorney General will be copied to the requestor.
The following requests can be obtained through the Police Records Department. Citizens can go to the Police Department to put in these requests.
- Clearance Letters
- Local Background Checks
- Accident Reports (State Form)
- Public Police report