Hours of Operation: Mon-Thurs 7:30a-5:30p Fridays 7:30a-11:30a
Cases heard by the Carrollton Municipal Court are Class C misdemeanor violations that have penalties of a fine only. Jurors for the Carrollton Municipal Court are selected at random from a list of voter registrations and a list of driver registrations. Jury trials are held every Tuesday at the Carrollton Municipal Court, 2001 E. Jackson Road in Carrollton.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How long does jury duty last? Jury service is normally for one (1) day.
How much are jurors paid? Jurors are paid $6.00 per day if they go through the Voir Dire process.
Can I be excused from jury duty? You may be excused from jury service if any one of the following apply:
- You are over 70 years of age.
- You have legal custody of a child under 15 years of age and jury service would leave the child unsupervised.
- You are a student in a secondary school or college and will be in class on the day of jury service.
- You are the caretaker of a person who is an invalid.
- You can show a physical or mental impairment or an inability to comprehend or to communicate in English.
- You are an employee of the legislative branch of the State of Texas.
- You have served more than five (5) days as a petit juror in county court during the last three (3) months, or in district court during the last six (6) months.
- You are a non-resident of the city of Carrollton.
- You are under the age of 18.
- You are a convicted felon.
If you are in one of the above categories and you wish to be excused from jury service complete and sign the back panel of your Jury Summons and mail promptly to:
Carrollton Municipal Court
Attn: Jury Manager
P.O. Box 110535
Carrollton, Texas 75011
If you will be unable to be present for jury service and you do NOT fall within one of the categories above call the Jury Manager at 972-466-4753 and request a reset.